Directions from Spean Bridge:
Please note: we are about 50mins walk from Spean Bridge railway and bus stations along a single track road with no public transport. Trains, buses and taxis in the Highlands are very limited and we strongly recommend that you bring your own car or hire one.
From the A82 - Coming from the Inverness direction turn left just past the Spean Bridge Hotel or right before the Hotel if coming from Fort William. The road is sign posted to Corriechoille. Now follow the road around to the left and proceed down the single track road for 2¼ miles. Keep left where the road forks at the 10 mph sign. When you reach the end of the tarmac road turn right up the hill (sign on tree), then carry on round to the left and into the courtyard. Please call at the Guesthouse for the keys to your cabin. To get to our front door, go through the tall wooden gate at the corner of the courtyard and follow the path around the house. The earliest entry time for the Cabins is 4:00pm. Please don't arrive before then as we may either be out or not have the cabin ready for you yet.
OS map ref: NN25078 80626
Landranger Sheet No. 41 (Ben Nevis, Fort William & Glencoe)
GPS: N 56°53.040' W 004°52.357' ELEVATION 103m
Step by step
- When you turn off the A82 to our (unclassified) road, reset you odometer and follow what's below:
- Follow the road to the left, around the back of the hotel.
- 0. 4 miles - cross a hump backed railway bridge.
- 1. 2 miles - the road forks. Signposted right to Killichonate and left to Corriechoille KEEP LEFT.
- 1. 5 miles - pass a dirt track on the right with a "private road" sign DO NOT TURN UP HERE.
- 1. 9 miles - cross a metal bridge over a burn (small river).
- 2. 3 miles - reach the end of the tarmac road. There is a high up sign on the tree here to Corriechoille, as well as several other signs. TURN RIGHT HERE. Follow the dirt track up the hill, around to the left and into our courtyard (2. 6 miles). Please park in one of the marked bays on the right hand side as you enter the courtyard and go through the tall wooden gate at the corner of the courtyard to get to our front door.
- Our house is the big white house. Please don't disturb our neighbours in either of the other nearby houses.
There is a sleeper train that runs directly between London Euston and Spean Bridge every evening of the week except Saturday and several airlines now fly between London and Inverness. Car hire is available in Inverness and Fort William. As well as domestic flights (all year), there are summertime flights from various continental locations to Inverness. Glasgow and Edinburgh Airports also receive flights from transatlantic locations.
- Railtrack - comprehensive U.K. train information - timetables, fares, routes etc.
- West Highland Line - useful information and guide to our scenic local railways.